Sunday, September 2, 2012

happy thoughts


















i have definitely learned [during the past few months of some serious self reflection], that my thoughts are what make me or break me. changing the way i think & process information is transforming my life & helping me be a much happier, less fearful person. ♥

i loved the following quote in our young women's discussion today at church....i think i'll print it out and hang it on my fridge to remind me that when discouraging, negative thoughts come...and they will....i can replace them with happy, virtuous ones. :)

"like thieves in the night, unwelcome thoughts can & do seek entrance into our minds. but we don't have to throw open the door, serve them tea & crumpets & then tell them where the silverware is kept! throw those rascals out! replace those thoughts with hopeful and joyful memories; pictures of faces of those who love you & would be shattered if you would let them down.....whatever thoughts you have, make sure they are welcome by invitation only." -holland